Eileen Quinn, LL.B. (Hons.), TEP
Eileen Quinn is a highly qualified Trust and Estate Planning lawyer who provides her clients with expert legal services in the comfort of their own homes. Based in Ancaster Ontario, Eileen also provides legal services to clients in the surrounding areas (Dundas, Hamilton, Burlington, Stoney Creek, Binbrook, Grimsby, Caledonia, Oakville, Flamborough, Waterdown & Brantford).
Practicing exclusively in the area of estate law including wills, estate administration, trusts, powers of attorney, and estate planning for disabled individuals, Eileen is committed to helping her clients meet their estate planning goals.
As a sole practitioner, Eileen is able to set and maintain a high standard of excellence and offer her brand of exceptional, highly personalized service, while keeping legal costs affordable for her clients. She loves meeting with new clients and working with them (and their advisors – accountants, financial advisors, etc.) to ensure that their individual estate planning goals are achieved. Eileen is especially passionate about estate planning for disabled beneficiaries and ensuring the wishes of her clients have been fully understood and will be carried out.
Eileen was first admitted as a solicitor of England and Wales in 2001. She practised predominantly in the area of wills and estates before returning to Canada and settling in Ancaster, Ontario in 2005. Upon completion of the necessary accreditation & articling requirements, Eileen was called to the Ontario Bar in November 2006.
Areas of Expertise
- complete estate plans, including wills of various degrees of complexity
- probate tax avoidance strategies such as multiple wills and alter-ego and joint partner trusts
- wealth preservation techniques such as family trusts, gifting programs, insurance trusts
- special purpose estate trusts, such as spousal trusts and cottage trusts
- powers of attorney for personal care and advance health care directives
- powers of attorney for property
- assistance to estate trustees in all aspects of estate administration including probate proceedings, estate accounting, distribution and wind-up
- legal advice to estate trustees
Estate Planning for Disabled Individuals
- special needs trusts designed to protect the elderly and the disabled (known as Henson Trusts and Inheritance Trusts)
- advice regarding the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- advice regarding Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP)
- completion of Guardianship for property and Guardianship for Person applications
- preparation of supporting documentation for Guardianship applications including the creation of a management plan to care for assets of the incapacitated individual
Victoria G. Baxter, B.A.
Paralegal & Commissioner
Victoria Baxter is a licensed paralegal by the Law Society of Ontario. While studying history at University of Guelph, she studied areas of law and made the decision to apply to the paralegal course after finishing her degree. From her education and her work experience in policy writing, she specializes in both research and writing. Victoria demonstrates a positive attitude, developing strong and lasting relationships. She has known Eileen and her family for many years, and is committed to helping her assist clients in their estate planning.
Areas of Expertise
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Guelph
- Paralegal Studies, Mohawk College
- P1 License, Law Society of Ontario